Tuesday 14 December 2010

A Stylish Place to Live

This apartment is amazing! Created by Samantha Boardman, M.D. and husband Aby Rosen and with the help of architect and decorator William T. Georgis, this modern apartment is filled with ornate decorations and artworks by the likes of Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst, and Francis Bacon.  I was, yet again, snooping around Vogue's website when I came upon this article and fell in love with this apartment. 

Every room has something unique about it, whether it be a wall covered in Andy Warhol portraits, an ornate green and gold matador outfit, or an inflatable dog hanging from the ceiling.  I took a Modern and Contemporary Art History class this past term, and I have really come to appreciate both movements.  This apartment is filled with it.  I do love the cozy feel of traditional homes, and modern homes tend to be cold and sometimes off-putting, but Boardman and Rosen were able to make a modern home feel cozy.  My favorite room is the library.  Even with the plesiosaur skeleton hanging from the ceiling, I could see myself curled up on the couch with a blanket and a good book.

I think it must have been Boardman's touch that helped soften up Rosen's idea of the perfect apartment.

The Library, with the plesiosaur skeleton and the matador outfit

The Play Room, decorated with Andy Warhol portraits

The Living Room, complete with the inflatable dog

Rosen's Study

The Dining Room, with a glass-enclosed biosphere as the centerpiece

1 comment: