Monday 6 December 2010

Bonjour Mes Amis!

This weekend, I journeyed across the channel, or rather, under it, to the land of Chanel, of Louis Vuitton, of Dior: Paris.  It was hard not to notice all of the stylish people instantly surrounding me as I got off the train.  Ponchos, fur gilets, and leather boots galore!  I know some of you are not feeling the poncho vibe, but they really are the item of the season!  Personally, I love them. I have not been able to get my hands on one, but I do admire from afar.  There are so many different styles and patterns, it would be hard to find the perfect one! My guess is that it is a trend that may not last past this winter, so if you are considering getting one, better to get it sooner rather than later. You may not get to wear it for very long!

I only had about a day and half to tour around the City of Lights, so I made sure to hit all the hot spots: Les Champs-Elysees, Le Tour Eiffel, et Les Jardins de Tuileries to name a few.  I spent Sunday morning shopping through the windows of Dior, Chanel, Tiffany's, and Louis Vuitton while in search for the perfect crepe (the perfect crepe being nutella and bananas).  Despite the bitter cold weather, the snow, and the rain, I had a wonderful weekend in one of the fashion capitals of the world.  I made sure not to leave without first buying a copy of French Vogue to add to my collection from around the world.  By the time I get home to the States next weekend, I will have a copy of Vogue from each of the fashion capitals: Milan, Paris, London, and New York!

Monet's artwork at Le Musee d'Orangeries

Le Tour Eiffel

Chanel, who had exquisite pieces of jewelry in the window

No comments:

Post a Comment