Thursday 14 April 2011

Is it Pants? Is it a Dress? No, It's a Jumpsuit

I proudly wear my light blue American Apparel strapless jumpsuit around campus, and I often get odd looks from passers by that are either thinking, "Wow, I didn't think a jumpsuit could look that good," or "What the hell is she wearing?" I like to think the former, but I'm sure sometimes it's the latter. Jumpsuits are one of those items that people either love or hate. I am one of those people that love them, mostly because so few people wear them. I have always been one to wear things that stand out, those things that get those funny looks. And it always affirms my style choices when someone points out that it looks good.

The jumpsuit had long been out of fashion until sometime last year. I still think they are "in," but they have to look right. Because it's something that is covering your whole body, I think it's best to go with strapless. That way you're showing enough skin that it doesn't look like you're wearing footy pajamas.

And when it starts to get a little bit warmer, you can start wearing rompers (the shorts version of a jumpsuit). They are fun and flirty and one of my favorite summer outfits.

This is the jumpsuit I have, although I like to pair it with a belt of some kind to break it up a little

Romper!

No comments:

Post a Comment