Monday 7 March 2011

The Guardians of Our Feet

Some people give me funny looks when I tell them how many pairs of shoes I own. When I went to study abroad in London for a semester, I brought one pair of every type of shoe I owned, a total of eleven pairs. My flatmate looked at me like I was crazy. She only brought two pairs of shoes. And she thought I was crazy? A girl needs ballet flats, tall boots, short boots, tall boots with heels, short boots with heels, Oxfords, pumps, moccasins, kitten heels, tennis shoes, and the list goes on. I had to weed out shoes in order to get it down to those eleven pairs. And I came back from London with fourteen pairs.

Shoes are the guardians of our feet. They keep us warm, they keep us cool, they keep us protected, so why shouldn't they keep us stylish as well? I don't like to wear the same jacket every day, or the same shirt every day, so it's only natural that I wouldn't want to wear the same shoes every day. I need a variety of shoes to go with my variety of outfits. A smart woman said to me once, "I'm not just wearing clothes, I'm wearing an outfit, a head-to-toe outfit." So for those of you who own many, many pairs of shoes, don't be ashamed, be proud, and rock your head-to-toe outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment