Sunday 7 November 2010

Welcome!

Hey there! I decided to start this blog after writing my first piece about fashion for the blog of the PR company I am currently interning at in London. As it says in the description, I absolutely love fashion, so why not write about it?

Today's topic: Chau Har Lee's new footwear line.  Lee is the footwear designer for Bally by day, and shoe-making mastermind by night.  It is the designers like her that completely take my breath away.  This is what I love about the fashion world.  I may not get excited by the artwork on the wall, but I do get excited by the artwork you can wear!  Getting inspiration from jewelery and architecture, she has taken the meaning of shoes to a whole new level.  From the bright orange transparent wedge to the black chunky stiletto, her shoes truly are a work of art. 






I remember being in Italy a few years ago and going to the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, I think it was in Florence, and looking at all the beautiful and, in some cases, outrageous shoes he designed, like the multi-colored melting shoe.  It's amazing how these artists create masterpieces that are not just pieces that hang on the wall; it is artwork that people can wear.

1 comment:

  1. The Ferragamo museum was in Florence and it was one of the highlights of our trip. He was so ahead of his time!

    ReplyDelete