Sunday 20 February 2011

Love?

With Valentine's Day a week behind us, you would think that love would be far behind us as well. But I still find it lurking in the corners, jumping out in Vogue and my weekly horoscope telling me to either commit or run for the hills of independence. But why do I have to choose between one or the other?

It's like a clothing item, let's say a jacket. Most of us have many different kinds of jackets, a trench coat, a blazer, a pea coat, a hoodie. I like all of them, so why would I choose to commit to just one? I'm not going to wear a trench coat in the summer or a blazer with my sweatpants. And if I "run for the hills of independence," does that mean I swear off jackets completely? It's February, it's cold, and there's no way I'm walking around without a jacket. There has got to be some kind of in between where you can wear whatever jacket you like whenever you want to wear it. But then the question is: can I treat love this way?

Maybe you don't have to either commit or run for the hills; love isn't that easy. Make too rash of a decision and you could end up with the wrong jacket or no jacket at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment